Haida Gwaii Fishing Charters - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are reservations required?
Reservations are absolutely recommended to guarantee the best fishing times. Click here to reserve your charter.
2. How many passengers may accompany our party?
On Fishing Charters, we can accommodate up to 5 passengers
per boat. On
Sightseeing Charters, we can accommodate up to 7 passengers
3. Is there a deposit requirement?
We require a 50% deposit payable at the time of booking
and the remaining 50% prior to leaving the dock. Deposit
refunds are available subject to one-month prior cancellation
notice, less a 10% administration fee.
4. Where do I get a fishing license?
Fishing licenses may be obtained in Queen Charlotte at Meegan’s Hardware or from the following list of vendors elsewhere in BC:
Alternatively, you may purchase your recreational saltwater fishing license on-line at the following link:
5. What is the best time to go fishing?
Our peak fishing charter season runs from May through October. Peak seasons and available seasons per species have been summarized below for your reference.
Book now to reserve a spot during the best peak seasons.
6. What about children?
We welcome children onboard. We carry life jackets in a variety of sizes.
7. Is there a bathroom?
All our vessels have restroom facilities on board.
8. What to Bring?
- Bring a lunch. Prepared take-out meals are available from local venders and lunches can be arranged, if required.
- Bring warm clothing and rain gear.
You must bring a valid BC saltwater fishing license.
- Water and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses and camera!
- Local vendors usually stock most necessary amenities and a pharmacy is available locally should you require a special need.