Halibut & Salmon Kebabs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for basting
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet
- 1 lb skinless halibut fillet
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 medium metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
- Cut the salmon and halibut fillets into 1-inch cubes.
- Add fish cubes to the marinade and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Drain the marinade and reserve.
- Thread 3 to 4 pieces of halibut, alternating with salmon, onto each skewer.
- Top each skewer with a cherry tomato.
- Brush liberally with reserved marinade.
- Grill over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Baste with the marinade and grill both sides an additional minute, basting liberally at each turn, until both fish are opaque.
- For a gorgeous, colorful presentation, serve over saffron rice garnished with cherry tomatoes.
Barbecued Salmon Steaks
- 6 salmon steaks, each 1 to 2 inches thick
- 1 cup rose’ wine
- ¼ tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1/16 tsp pepper
- seasoned salt
- Combine the wine, marjoram, onion powder and pepper
- Pour over uncooked salmon in a shallow glass or enamelware pan.
- The amounts of seasoning in the marinade can be increased to your taste.
Use more marinade if necessary to cover the salmon steaks.
- Refrigerate for several hours, turning salmon once or twice.
- Drain well
- Barbeque or broil, sprinkling with seasoned salt as the salmon cooks.
- Test for doneness with a fork.
Salmon steaks 1-inch in thickness will cook on your grill in about 10 minutes,
allowing 5 minutes on each side. A 1 ½-inch steak requires 7 minutes, and a
2-inch steak about 10 minutes on each side. If baked or broiled in an oven, the
necessary time is less as the steaks cook on both sides at once.
- 4 6-oz fresh halibut fillets
- to taste, sea salt
- to taste, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp drained capers
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and lay the halibut in the dish, without overlapping
- Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, make the vinaigrette.
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, pepper and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Spear the garlic on the tines of a fork and use it to beat the lemon juice mixture.
- Beat in the olive oil, basil and capers.
- Place the halibut on heated plates, spoon the vinaigrette over it, and serve.
Back to Top